Emilia Romagna, Italy
September 14 – 22, 2019
UB School of Dental Medicine Emilia Romagna, Italy Food and Wine CE Land Tour 12 Contact Hours
Arrival in Milan Airport and transfer to Franciacorta Wine Country
- Arrival in Milan and transfer to Franciacorta Wine Country.
- Welcome dinner at the hotel restaurant.
Saturday September 14 to Monday September 16: 2 nights at L’ALBERETA HOTEL.
An enchanting relais in Franciacorta that rises among rolling hills and vineyards, L’Albereta
invites its guests to live an unforgettable experience, because the art of hospitality means
here the ability to guarantee absolute and sublime pleasure of the senses.
Morning Lecture, Boat Tour and Wine Tasting Experience
- Breakfast at the Hotel followed by CE Lecture
- Boat tour on Lake Iseo and late afternoon visit to a local wine producer
including estate and winery visit, and tasting of the locally produced wines
accompanied by finger foods
- Transfer back to the hotel
- Dinner on own
Most wine tourists visiting Italy make a beeline for Tuscany—but there’s so much more to Italian wine than just Chianti. In fact, Italy has hundreds of different wine regions, many of which fly completely under the radar and quietly produce fantastic wines you’ve never even heard of and Franciacorta is one of them. This tourist-sparse region that produces some of the finest sparkling wine in the world (watch out, Champagne).
Transfer to Ferrara with wine tour en route
Breakfast at the hotel and transfer to Ferrara with stop en route to visit a winery in the Valpolicella area to taste the locally produced red wines and enjoy a light lunch including local specialties.
- Arrive at hotel and dinner on own
Monday September 16 to Wednesday September 18: 2 nights at HOTEL DUCHESSA ISABELLA. In the heart of Ferrara, a masterpiece of the dukes of Este, a splendid sixteenth-century house awaits you. The dining rooms have coffered ceilings with pure gold friezes, authentic 16th century lacquered doors, fireplaces with ancient colonnades, frescoes of splendid colors by the Ferrarese school, offer a particularly refined atmosphere.
A heavyweight Renaissance art city peppered with colossal palaces and still ringed by its intact medieval walls, Ferrara jumps out at you like an absconded Casanova (he once stayed here) on the route between Bologna and Venice. But, like any city situated in close proximity to La Serenissima, it is serially overlooked, despite its Unesco World Heritage status. As a result, Venice avoiders will find Ferrara's bike-friendly streets and frozen-in-time palazzi relatively unexplored and deliciously tranquil. (Lonely Planet)
Morning Lecture and Ferrara
- Breakfast at the hotel followed by CE Lecture
- Lunch on own and afternoon walking tour of Ferrara - the tour includes a visit to the Estense Castle.
- Dinner at local restaurant
Transfer to Bologna and FICO EATALY WORLD
Breakfast at the hotel.
- Transfer to Bologna with stop enroute at FICO EATALY WORLD, the largest agri-food park in the world and maybe the newest happiest place on earth for foodies!
- Walking tour of the park followed by a cooking class and lunch.
- Free time to explore on your own.
- Late afternoon and dinner on own in Bologna
Wednesday September 18 to Sunday September 22: 4 nights at HOTEL CORONA D’ORO. Located in the heart of Bologna the hotel is a true and genuine preferential window to the “two towers”, one of the symbols of the city only a few steps away. Built in the XIII century with a proud and elegant history the hotel has a sophisticated ambience and incomparable calmness that one can experience in every room.
Modena and CE Lecture
Breakfast at the hotel followed by CE Lecture
- Morning at leisure and lunch in typical restaurant with tasting of locally produced wine in a local cellar.
- Transfer to Modena for visit to a balsamic vinegar producer and transfer back to Bologna.
- Afternoon CE Lecture
- Dinner on ownn
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Transfer to Parma for a full day excursion. Enjoy a walking tour of Parma city center followed by a visit to a Parma ham producer and Parma cheese factory, where we will enjoy a tasting of the renown prosciutto and parmigiano reggiano, accompanied by local wines.
- Free time to explore on your own
- Dinner this evening will be at CLINICA ENOGASTRONOMICA in Rubiera
Guided tour of Bologna and afternoon at leisure - Farewell dinner
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Walking tour of Bologna ending with a aperitivo and light lunch on the roof top of the medieval tower Torre Prendiparte.
- In the afternoon, visit the Ferrari gallery and museum and Lamborghini museum.
- Farewell Dinner at a typical osteria in city center
- Often neglected on travel itineraries in favour of Italy's more famous hotspots, Bologna is a city rich with cultural jewels and has long been one of the best-kept secrets in northern Italy. Bologna is known as the foodie capital of Italy but most importantly it is MariaLaura’s home town!
Breakfast and check out of our hotel.
Transfer to Bologna Airport for departure.
Tour Price $4,650pp
Based on Double Occupancy
Payment by Check or +3%
The price does not include:
- Air fare to Italy