Are you guilty of never taking vacations because you just cannot find the time? Did you know that your health and wellness could be directly related to your travel habits? There have been many studies done that indeed prove you can have overall better health when you take time for vacation.
Vacations can also help improve our relationships, provide educational and cultural benefits, and boost our productivity in our respected careers.
- An annual vacation can cut risk of a heart attack by 50%.
- Middle-aged men, at high risk of coronary heart disease, who take frequent annual vacations, cut their chances of dying from coronary heart disease by 32%.
- Women who vacation infrequently (once every 6 years or less) are twice as likely to develop myocardial infarction or coronary death.
- Blood pressure, heart rate and stress levels are reduced even by taking a short holiday of 1-3 days.
- Free time, a warmer and sunnier climate, and rest can alleviate your exhaustion level and regenerate you from the inside out.
- People perform 25% better on vigilance tests upon returning from vacation and travelers age 45+ improve by 50%
- Deep REM sleep is achieved for greater lengths and people have reported sleeping 20 minutes longer on average after a vacation.
Relationship, Educational, Cultural Benefits:
- Women who take vacations are more satisfied in their marriages.
- Life satisfaction increases during a vacation and continues after returning home, according to a study of employees at the University of Tennessee.
- Students who have participated in an international exchange program have reported becoming more tolerant, flexible, open-minded, and confident because of their travels. They also learned the importance of travel and have shown to subsequently travel more frequently.
- Isolated and withdrawn patients at Midwestern Veteran’s hospital were less depressed and more open to conversation after a vacation.
Career and Productivity Benefits:
- In a study by American Express, more than a third of small-business owners say their best ideas and inspiration, leading to business growth, occurs during their downtime instead of during business hours.
- 3 out of 4 executives believe that vacations are critical for personal job performance and 2 out of 3, use vacation time to improve their creativity.
- According to researchers at Tel Aviv University, burnout decreases significantly when vacations are regularly taken.
Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily lives that we convince ourselves we don’t have the time for a vacation. In fact, holidays are a necessary part of life and without them, we cannot take the time to focus on our personal well-being, personal growth and our family around us.
In the words of a wise man, “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness…Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.” Mark Twain
If you’re ready to see how a vacation can benefit you, we are here and ready to help you customize a unique experience that will bring you home happier, healthier, and ready to conquer the world … until your next vacation. We are Cruise and Travel Partners, Your Concierge to the Travel Industry. Visit our website or call us today at (800) 856-8826.